OpenSys Terminal Manager provides the necessary tools to maintain the quality of service of your self-service terminals. It provides structure, consistency and manageability into your network of self-service terminals (SST) by allowing real-time remote manageability and control.
The Terminal Manager is a web-based central monitoring system that monitors each assigned self-service terminal in the network, collecting health status from all deployed terminals. The web-based client user interface allows the administrator access to information collected centrally.
The administrator gets a complete picture on the health of each and every SST. In addition, the Terminal Manager also provides management tools to control the SSTs remotely, thus allowing administrative task to be completed without being physically present on each terminal.
The Terminal Manager web-based client uses simple to understand, friendly graphical user interface to allow the busy administrator to quickly access the status of all SSTs in the network. Colours are used to distinguish problems areas and allow administrator spot trends at a glance.
To continuously improve and fine tune the SST operation, chronological reports can be retrieved, detailing the performance and bulk of transactions that happen on each ESM at any given time.
This allows operational managers to streamline their operation, such as rescheduling pick-up period specific to each branch with ESM depending on the volume on each branch.
In summary, the Terminal Manager provides the following management functionality:
- Monitors the health status of both hardware and software components in real-time.
- Manage the entire network of SSTs in a summary view or view just one particular terminal in a detailed view.
- Logs all health status and events in detail, for future analysis. Reports can be viewed and output into Excel or PDF format.
- Highlight critical component failure and trigger alarms to attract the operator’s attention.
- Enables remote control of terminals for administrative task without being physically present on-site.
- Allow interface to other monitoring system, thus allowing companies to consolidate status reporting to a single system.
- Simplifies and reduces the cost of monitoring all ESM.
- Graphical view of your entire ESM installations with real time health status.
- Quickly detect failures and warning before you jeopardize your customer’s confidence on your company.
- Store and report statistical data for management purposes.
- Control your remote ESM without physically being there.
- Allows interface to your current management system to allow consolidation of your entire IT asset.
- The Terminal Manager is positioned to enable companies to maintain a high level of service integrity by allowing their administrators to easily monitor the health of all SSTs, to quickly spot failures, to remotely control the terminals and to initiate service calls to service providers on a timely basis.